Both a religious and social occasion, Hari Gawai takes place in the end of May where the Iban communities gather together as a form of thanks giving day. The festival was first celebrated on 1st June 1965 and has since then become a symbol of unity, aspiration and hope for the community.
Celebration varies from place to place however they are all tied by the same features which is lively in spirit and guests will be able to enjoy the traditional drink known as “tuak” and other local delicacies within their community such as penganan (cakes from rice flour, sugar and coconut milk) or glutinous rice is steamed in bamboo (ngelulun pulut).
The festival will also be alive with traditional music as well as a colourful array of costumes. Apart from thanks giving and coming together as a community Hari Gawai is also a showcase of the locals to portray who they are and where they come from and thus celebration of their ethnic group which aims to keeping their culture and tradition preserved for the coming generations.
The event will be held in Sumbiling Eco Village Temburong and we are inviting you to this one of a kind occasion.
There are a limited number of seats available -60 and we work on a first come first serve basis.
$ 100 however first few EARLY BIRDS will receive an exclusive discount of 25%!
Price includes :
- Return transport from Bangar to Sumbiling Eco Village
- 3 meals (dinner, breakfast and lunch)
- Free flow of hot tea and hot water
- Accommodation (a choice of camping in our tents or the open air hut)
- Complimentary use of SEV facilaties. (Life vest for river floating/tubes)
- Modern toilets
Price excludes :
- Transport to Temburong. (Guests may use their own car or catch a boat)
- Personal Toiletries
Activities include a one night camp at our secured campsite as well as an opportunity to join the Gawai festivities. You can also make use of our facilities and engage in activities such as river tubing and floating!
Choices of Accommodation
Last Year's Gawai Festival
Bring light rucksack, changes of clothes, sun lotion, hat/cap, raincoat, camera, binoculars (especially for bird watchers), l, toiletries, swimwear, insect repellent (non‐aerosol type) such as Tiger Balm, snacks.
‐ Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.
Terms & Conditions:
Package provision subject to guestʹs acceptance of the following:
- Guests are expected to adhere to the safety measures of organisers at all times.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring at Sumbiling Eco resulting from guestʹs own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Meals are prepared in local style and consist of chicken, fish & assorted vegetables.
CHECK OUR MAIN SITE :
Facebook Event :
So come join us, how?
Or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be made to our office :
B1, 1st Floor
Kompleks Warisan Mata-Mata
Simpang 322, Jalan Gadong
Bandar Seri Begawan BE1718